Subject: Re: [Leica] 35/1.4 ASPH v. 35/2 ASPH question by new M user
From: "Richard Setchim" <rvys@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:50:09 -0000

George Day is undecided between 35mm Summilux and Summicron. My advice is do
not underestimate the size/weight of the Summilux. I am fortunate and have
both and use them 50:50. The Summicron is a jewel. When I want to travel
light I carry M4 + 35 Summicron + 90 Rokkor. When I can travel heavy I carry
M5 + 35 Summilux + 90 Summicron. (The Summilux ASPH and Summicron APO
balance better on the M5 IMHO).

So, don't be beguiled by the higher value lenses - decide what your
photographic priorities are and you will end up using the lenses more often.

Regards,
Richard Setchim
London