Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V19 #32
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 16:52:57 -0500

on 1/14/01 2:53 PM, tm wrote:

> Do any Luggers use 0-5 filters, such as Ilford's, under their enlarger
> lenses to increase or decrease contrast and detect a decrease in sharpness
> in their prints because of this arrangement?

I use the Ilf0rd filters under the lens on a Valoy II for 35 mm and
a Kodak Precision enlarger for 2 1/4. It works fine for me. I use the
Ilford filter holder on the Kodak enlarger and have modified the
swing out holder from the Kodak enlarger for the Valoy--clamp on holders
are annoying on the Leitz enlarger because of the helical focussing.
- --
Bob Marvin