Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Cosina still at it
From: Doug Herr <merlin@flyingemu.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2001 17:09:17 -0800

On Sat, 13 January 2001, Jim Brick wrote:

> David, your argument doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You are saying that
> you only care about those types of photographs that you do often. Those
> that you do seldom, well, they can suffer lesser quality because... because
> of what? Aren't all photographs that you take of equal importance? Do you
> single out certain photographs that don't have to hold up to Leica standard
> while others must?
>
> I would be interested in hearing why the amount of use of a lens gets can
> possibly dictate the quality needed for the lens.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

For me it's a resource allocation issue.  For my wildlife photos (i.e., the ones I can sell) I won't use anything less than a Telyt but for family snaps, a Nikkor on an FG will do.  If I were to replace the 43-86 zoom with an equivalent Leica Vario-R there's be no $$ left for film, mortgage, groceries, etc.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!