Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W with no darkroom
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 18:55:42 -0500 (EST)

Having been forced to do it in law school, I can suggest that the most fun
way is to grab a ton of T400CN (or XP2 super, as your preference may be)
and blast away.  Take your film to a C41 place, have them print them off
on color paper, black and white, whatever (this is a cheap, high quality -
at least for the digital age - proof).  Get ready to scan the negs.

Put a SCSI card in your G4.  Buy an old Sprintscan 35SE (500-600).  It'll
do 2700 dpi both ways.  Scan away.

You can do your own negs without a darkroom, and I'm sure some people
would gripe that you should use "real" B&W film, but in reality, this is
the least messy, most fun way.  For scanning, T400 and XP2 have nice range
and very very fine grain.

Dante