Subject: RE: [Leica] 35/1.4 ASPH v. 35/2 ASPH question by new M user
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:29:54 -0800

>Gosh, apples, oranges.  I suppose I need to convince
>myself that the 1.4 would give me a significant performance improvement, but
>I guess what concerns me is that, wide open, most really fast lenses are not
>at their best, anyway.  HP5+ pushes really well.

George,

At 1.4, the Summilux *will* is significantly better than the Summicron. ;)

That said, if you very rarely shoot more open that f/4, go for the
Summicron. You won't be disappointed.

Guy

P.S. For an additional $400, I think I would pick up the Summilux, whose
performance wide open - I've heard and read - concedes nothing to the
Summicron, which I use and which is a fantastic lens.