Subject: Re: [Leica] Kindermann Canada repair service
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:35:01 -0700

I have been very happy with the new distributor for minor warranty
adjustments but, and I think they would agree, for major repairs and
overhauls, Kindermann is the way to go. Gerry has been working on them so
long he can diagnose most things just by listening to the camera and easily
spot looming problems as well. At first there were hints that Lisle-Kelco
might not sell them parts but L-K quickly realised that they would be
shooting themselves, and the future of Leica in Canada, in the foot. The
problem is when you stop being distributor you also stop getting phone
calls. I imagine Kindermann is not getting as much repair work as they used
to. I hope they can keep the repair shop going. It would have been nice if
L-K had decided to farm out their repairs to Kindermann but I think there
was too much acrimony in the change of distributorships for that to occur.
So for anything out of warranty send it to Kindermann, they are able to do
almost all repairs conceivable while L-K has to send (as of last fall)
optical stuff and ? to Leica Germany.

John Collier