Subject: [Leica] Discontinued Digilux
From: Photovilla@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:53:04 EST

<<Rich,

Interesting to note this. Any news of a replacement?

The digital models don't hang around do they? Are Leica trying to make them
collector's items ? ;-)

I was a bit surprised as well...especially by the fact that Leica NJ is OUT
of them...

This means until they come up with a new model...it is just what is left on
dealers shelves. I don't know if some dealers had more forsight than I did,
but I don't have many!

(plus I am keeping one myself!<g>)

I guess who ever is at PMA can pump them for info. about what new ones might
be on the horizon?

Believe it or not, the first digilux in Mint condition is already being
bought and sold as a collectors item in Japan. I couldn't believe the number
of emails I got when I advertised one on a Japanese web site.
cheers,
Rich