Subject: [Leica] Abrahamson Rapid Winder for sale.
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:34:21 -0800

I have a chrome Abrahamson Rapidwinder (M6 version) for sale.  Best
offer above $300.00.  Check out www.rapidwinder.com for information
about the winder.

Once upon a time (several years ago), a friend bought a chrome
Rapidwinder, used it for a couple of months, and decided he like his
M6 better without it.  When I became curious about them, he loaned it
to me.  I used it a couple of times, loved it, and quickly bought a
black winder that matched my black M6.  My friend's winder has been
sitting in my bookcase ever since.  Now that it's a new year, I
stumbled across it while cleaning and offered to advertise it on the
LUG.

It has three small dings on the beveled edge near the locking knob.
Otherwise, it's in perfect shape.

In the old days, Rapidwinders had a single tripod mounting hole
located in the center of the winder.  The current design has two
mounting holes, one in the center and one in the same spot as the M6
baseplate (used for mounting a RapidGrip).  Tom's RapidGrip page has
this to say about updating older winders:

    Older style Rapidwinder need to have the second tripod bushing
    installed and I can do that. It is not a huge job. The hole under the
    brass post is drilled out, the inside top-plate drilled out and the
    hole tapped for ¼" 20 tpi and the brass post replaced with one with
    the proper thread for that hole. It is, however, a bit time-consuming
    so I will have to charge for this service. Cost will be US$25 and
    additional postage for returning the winder. Of course, in the process
    I will check out the function of the winder and do any service if
    required.

Let me know if you're interested.

g.