Subject: Re: [Leica] Printing question
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:40:04 EST

<<I have a shot taken on a sunny day of some people sitting on white wooden
benches.  I can expose so that I get texture in the wood and select a grade
that gives me shadows where they should be, but mid-tones, such as faces in
the shadow, end up too dark and too low in contrast.  What should I do?

Martin,

I would suggest finding an exposure and contrast grade that works for the
shadows and faces if possible, and then giving the entire print more exposure
through your lowest contrast filter until the benches look ok.  Another
variation of split filter printing that I find works well.  Hope this helps.
Richard Wasserman