Subject: RE: [Leica] Only in Canada? Pity
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:00:53 -0500

> B&H listed 50 roll bricks  last time I checked- over the holidays....

They list it as "50 pack" they don't call it a "brick".  Traditionally, in
the 25 years I've been a photographer, a brick of 35mm film has been 20
rolls...  When I asked my supplier for 5 bricks, I got 5 packs of 20, when I
asked someone to pick me up a brick, they brought me a cellophane wrapped
package of 20 rolls...

When I order MF film, a "brick" is 4 pro-packs, and each pro-pack contains 5
rolls, so again, 20 rolls.  Or, when I order a "brick" TX 120 (which I
prefer over TXP), it comes in a block of 20 individual rolls.

Think about it, is 50 rolls of film near the size of a 'brick'?  Like BD
said, perhaps a "cement block" but not a brick...  Well, now that I opened
up my film fridge and checked, in 120, the 20 packs sure are about the size
of a standard masonry brick.  But, the 35mm 20 packs are about 2x the size
of a standard masonry brick.  Hum.

I wonder if the cows care?