Subject: Re: [Leica] Roll you own?
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:27:25 -0500

on 11/1/01 11:29 am, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net wrote:

> I was doing it for quite a while recently....Tri-X and I did some Portra
> 400....I gave it up out of worry about scratches, etc., but the reality
> is that I wasn't having any problems and it is a good theraputic
> activity in which to engage while watching Molestation Island, or what
> ever the latest TV junk is....

I did this for years but in the end I gave it up. I never had bad problems
with scratches or what not but I shot so much film it got REALLY boring.
Moreover, unless you do it in a darkroom, you always expose the tail of the
film, which means that the sometimes crucial 37th frame can be lost. It's
worth hunting around for good deals on large quantities of film... you can
usually find places that make the savings look minimal if you look hard
enough.
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com