Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The Joy of BD's Darkroom
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:00:26 -0500

on 1/11/01 10:32 AM, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net wrote:

> Odd, but I don't have a single game on my computer, and by using a track
> ball and sitting in a proper chair, I've eliminated the RSI/carpal
> tunnel problems....I'll grant you that I need a pair of "computer"
> glasses set for middle distance, but that's not a big deal....and I am
> sitting in a comfortable, cheerful, lighted room turning out better and
> better prints as I perfect my skills doing with the computer precisely
> the same things I would be doing in the wet, smelly dark...well, that's
> not exactly true...I'm spending a whole lot less time worrying about
> dust, scratches on negs, etc., and I am spending infinitely less time
> when I want to go back and make identical second, third, etc. etc.
> copies of prints I've already made...
>
> Hey, to each his own....and I certainly understand how someone like you,
> who spends his life working with computers, would want another activity
> that would get you as far away from them as possible..;-)
>
> B. D.
Amen.  I know your prints up close and personal and will say that they are
as true as any chemical/silver print.  I've not used a Leica, film camera
since early December and have therefore eliminated the other part the
darkroom, film processing.  I had not printed in the dark for quite
sometime, I used pro labs, but now print on my Epson machines.  Daylight has
entered my life and my passion.

Good pixels/good images,

Steven Alexander

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: The Joy of BD's Darkroom)