Subject: RE: [Leica] OT rolleiflex
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:34:01 -0500

If you are talking Rolleiflex TLR (Twin Lense Reflex), the focal length
isn't really conducive to portraits, unless you are talking full length
portraits.

There are a number of options, but the later E or F, or even the latest GX
(with TTL flash) would be your best bet.  The GX only comes with the 2.8
Planar, and is 12 exposure.  The F can be had in 2.8 or 3.5 and can even
come with a Schneider lense...  If you don't care about 2.8, the 3.5 is
quite a bit cheaper.  The F can also be had in 12 or 12/24 exposures.  I'd
strongly recommend checking eBay completed auctions to see what is
available, in what condition and for what price.

I have a GX and an F, and absolutely love them.  The GX has led metering,
and the F has match needle metering.  The 5 element 2.8 lense is very sharp
and contrasty.