Subject: RE: [Leica] Cosina still at it
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:55:18 -0000

Alastair,

I cannot use the lens with an R camera, the adapter is to Leica-M only. It
is not a stock item, I had it made up for me by Malcolm Taylor, I simply
provided a Rollei 35SL extension tube and a Leica male bayonet, he put them
together at the right distance but needed the lens to work with to ensure
accuracy.
I think I asked him once whether he could remount a Zeiss Rolleiflex/Contax
lens on an R and the answer was 'No', I could be wrong though. As I've
mentioned before I have a Pentax Super-Elmar equivalent, 15mm f3.5, which
he's 'tweaked' to fit onto the R cameras. It's purely manual, no auto iris,
but a hell of a saving on the real option.

I also have a similar adapter for Pentax-K to Leica-M which I do not
need/use now, if you have a Pentax fisheye, that could be useful!

best regards,
Jem