Subject: Re: [Leica] Radioactive lenses & the rabbit
From: "Dave Richards" <dprichards@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:27:00 -0700

It seems like anything attached to the camera that gave off any appreciable
amount of radioactivity would fog film.  The radioactivity then would
become evident when the film was processed.  After all, pocket dosimeters,
used to determine exposure to radioactivity, use a sensitive material
similar to photographic film to measure exposure.

And if the amount of radioactivity is small enough not to fog film then
chances are it's not enough to be hazardous or even worth considering.

>P.S. More seriously, there was an article about radioactive lens
>components back in  the 50's.  It may have been in the LHSA magazine.
>Does anyone remember?

Dave Richards
Littleton, Colorado, USA
dprichards@qwest.net
Note:  If you have emailed me at:

dprichards@uswest.net

Please change your address book entry to my new address:

dprichards@qwest.net