Subject: Re: [Leica] b/w printing renaissance
From: Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:29:37 -0500

Dave, I suspect the split printing made the biggest difference. It did
for me. While theoretically you can get the same results (except for
burning and dodging) with one exposure, two lets you find just the right
exposure for the blacks, back off a little because the yellow exposure
does add some density, and then adjust the contrast very subtly. I tend
to less harsh prints that have a greater luminosity.

Mark Rabiner's posts got me to try this, for which I'm infinitely
grateful.

Jesse