Subject: Re: [Leica] The Joy of the Darkroom and Thanks!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:37:01 -0500

Very nice....But, uh, let me understand this....You took the photo,
developed the film, put enormous amounts of time, effort, and money into
getting a darkroom up and running....selected the neg, put in it the,
what's that thing called, the "biggerer?", focused the negative image on
the easel...selected paper grade and filter...guestimated
exposure...exposed, dodged, burned, etc....and very well too.....put the
paper in a tray of wet, smelly chemicals, transfered it to a second
tray, then to a third - turned on the light...said SHIT!....started the
whole process over....eventually, got the image you wanted. Washed the
print. Dried it....>THEN you scanned the print, made a few corrections
in photo shop, and set it up for us all to see? Right...

Instead of developing the neg, scanning it, correcting in photo shop,
and....set it up for us to all to see? Am I missing something here?:-)

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] The Joy of the Darkroom and Thanks!)