Subject: [Leica] RE: My first Leica
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 22:39:37 +0100

Hellow,

I am the man who got a Leica as a wife Xmas gift. I got the first film from
lab, a Reala film, with some pictures I took of Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao
(Spain) and here are my comments:

I recovered the happiness of my childhood , many years ago, when I used a
Zeiss Super Ikonta and everything had to be done manually and nothing was
automatic. I had to think every pic, which by the way is very good,  and, as
meter is almost spot,  to think not only right metering but of the metering
of the light I wanted.

Focusing is really easy independing of nature of subject and in fact every
pic was well focused. The only matter to be worried is to have only 1/1000
as it would be very  easy to be out of range in a sunny day with quick
films. As far as I do not have, by now,  other lens that my 50mm Summicron I
had to accommodate the subjet to the lens and not the contrary. But this
was, too, a pleasure  as I had to care much more composition and it forced
to me to walk a lot more...

In summary I enjoyed again the photography. Not more matrix metering, or
zoom facilities or autofocusing! I have some estimable pics that I should
like to share and get critic from the list but I have not a web site. Is
there any way or any place where I can show it to all of you? Excuse me my
ignorance and from now I think and I wish that with time  I'll be humbly
abble to contribute in this list wiht positive inputs to help other members.

Kind regards

Félix