Subject: Re: [Leica] ebay advice needed
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:50:28 -0500

on 10/1/01 12:41 am, Kyle Cassidy at cassidy@netaxs.com wrote:

> and if you're going to recommend that i break it up, do i break up the
> 28mm and the finder? the LTM lens and the adapter? and if your expertise
> tells you i'll make more breaking it up, any idea how much? it's obviously
> worth $100 to me not to have to mail six different packages.....

Breaking it up into sensible packages is the way to go. Keep the 28 and the
finder together. The LTM adapter...mmm, I dunno. Frankly I'd keep it as they
are worth more than you sell them for and the next time you buy a LTM lens
you'll curse yourself for having sold it. With butt ugly stuff I tend to
throw it in as an extra with a big item, but it might be worth trying to
sell the meter separately first (who wants a pretty M3 with a scuzzy
meter?).

So I'd put the lots as follows

- -- M£
- -- Kobalux + finder
- -- Summaron
- -- M meter

and keep the adapter.

Also I definitely recommend putting a ludicrous price in the 'buy this item
now' category (also known as the 'sucker tag').

Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com