Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V19 #19
From: Heavysteam@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 07:01:50 EST

<<FWIW, the best way to transport the M is to use no bag at all.>>

Some years ago I discovered the little leather bag made for the Contax G1.
The "stock" configuration holds a body with lens, with space for two more
lense, quickly accessible from the top of the bag.   A fold-down flap on the
front of the bag allows access to other lenses, shades, or whatever you can
fit.   The bag is small and is made of some of the finest leather I've ever
seen used for a camera bag.   (My wife constantly threatens to steal one to
use for a purse.)  I'm always keeping my eye open for these bags and have a
pair now--  one for the Leica and one for a Hasselblad Xpan.    When looking
for one of these, you have to be patient, though--  I paid well under $100
for each, but I've seen people asking (and getting) closer to $200.   A
larger version is made for the G2 but it is too big for my tastes, and very
expensive ($200+).

Randy