Subject: RE: [Leica] Photos on the web
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 19:08:16 -0500

>Budvar, not to be confused with the similarly named product (I hesitate
>call it 'beer') sold in the States :-)

Steve,

So far as I know the "similarly named product" is the reason Budvar
isn't available here in the States. The only Czech beer I have seen here
commonly is Pilsner Urquel but in my opinion it travels so badly that it
isn't at all like it is in its native land, which is why I won't drink
it here. It also carries an amusing line on the package saying that it
comes from the "quaint Bohemian Village" of Plsen. I laughed my head
off. Plsen reminded my of Gary, Indiana when I drove through there!

Actually, the American beer situation has gotten a lot better in the
last decade or so since (since I came back to the states after living 18
years inthe UK.) It's not just microbreweries anymore. Now even a number
of large beweries wares are pretty good. Sam Adams even impressed my
CAMRA-member English cousin.

Simon Stevens