Subject: RE: [Leica] Digilux 4.3 and Digicopy 4.3 Use
From: "Last, Don" <Donald.Last@uwsp.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:04:57 -0600

Thanks for your comments.

DL

- -----Original Message-----
From: Henry Ambrose [mailto:henryambrose@home.com]
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2001 9:12 AM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

It depends on what kind of "copy" you want to make. Do you want to
digitize for the web & email? Are you going to make prints?

I've used a Nikon 990 to digitize 35 and 6X6 film both B&W negs and color
positive film. It can work pretty well. And you don't NEED the Digicopy
if you have a little ingenuity. A copy stand and lightbox will work or
even a tripod and a piece of matteboard with a hole cut in it with a
light behind it (even a window).

It will not be in the same league with a real film scanner, but it could
be useful for some tihings.

Tell me more about your intended use of the digital camera files.

Henry Ambrose