Subject: Re: [Leica] throw away that extra frame!
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:17:14 -0800

>One local news photographer took a good "shot" at "art photographers" by
>collecting the first exposed frame on every roll of filme he shot for a
>year and printing them and haveing a "fun" exhibition at a local artist
>run gallery.
>
>As most of you know, these "first frames" are usually out of focus,
>poorly exposed, skewed horizon, wierd images of our feet, auto
>dashboards, bemused subjects or "alien lanscapes".
>[snip]
>Greg Locke

Not that I'm aiming to be president of the John Loengard fan club, but he
claims he was inspired by the unintentional beauty of some of his "first
frames" to move away from "straight" documentary photography and explore a
more personal, idiosyncratic approach to making images.

This would one way of keeping one's eyes and mind open to influence, and
seeing how one might improve one's work by considering things that don't
normally get considered.

Sounds positive to me.

Guy Bennett
Los Angeles, CA