Subject: Re: [Leica] How can I stop my rabbit from chewing on the cables
From: Doug Herr <merlin@flyingemu.com>
Date: 8 Jan 2001 06:29:39 -0800

On Sun, 07 January 2001, Javier Perez wrote:

> I can't seem to stop him from chewing on the wires behind the stereo
> and there is no practical way of blocking access to them. Already he has
> managed to chew through a few premium grade audio connectors
> and the power cables are showing signs of gnawing. Naturally if he were to
> bite through one of these he'd fry himself in seconds and it would be
> off to the taxidermist. To make matters worse he could also burn the house
> down.
> along with the camera collection, which includes a few Leicas. I've heard
> that
> there is a liquid of some sort that's applied to nervous birds in order to
> keep them
> from plucking themselves raw. Does a rabbit oriented equivalent of this
> liquid exist?
> Anybody know what it's called. I thought it might be possible to coat the
> wires with it
> to keep him from chewing. Is there any other solution which doesn't require
> confining
> him? His name is Andy.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.
> See Ya
> Javier

Whatever you do, don't tell my brother what the solution to the problem is.  When his wife's rabbit chews through her computer's cables and the thing becomes unreliable, she buys a new computer and the "broken" one is given to some unsuspecting relative who proceeds to replace mouse and keyboard to find he now has a completely usable computer.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!