Subject: [Leica] Yasuhiro Ishimoto
From: AppleMac97@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 00:37:19 EST

<<<Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:56:36 EST
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Dear All,

I just picked up a self titled book by Yasuhiro Ishimoto- ISBN-0-86559-170-9.
 I was not familiar with his work before now, but am very impressed.  Many of
the photos were taken in Chicago (my town) around 1950 when he came to the
Institute of Design to study with Harry Callahan.  There is a lot of very
moving street photography, some 35mm, some 6x6, and some 4x5. His pictures
are very clearly and deeply seen.  Am I the only one who was not aware of
him?

Richard Wasserman >>

Richard:

The Art Institute of Chicago had a retrospective on Yasuhiro Ishimoto  a few
years ago.  His photographs of street life in various neighborhoods of
Chicago were stunning.  I think he is more well known in academic circles.
Most contemporary photographers are not aware of his work.

Sincerely,

Muhammad R.K. Chishty, Ph.D
Associate Professor of Finance
Graham School of Management