Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Grouches and Morons
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 18:55:49 -0500

Hi
I am now a devount convert to UV filters
After going on vacation to Las Vegas where the dist is actually
finely ground sand or dirt, cleaning a lens is murder on the glass and keeping
it clean is impossible. Even in the civilized area where I live (New York City)

dust can be mixed in with hard abrasives and I have put scratches on lenses in
the past.
BTW: is there any difference between
Tiffen, Hoya, Promaster, Quantaray and Ambico UVs???
How well do US filters stack up to the German ones?
Javier