Subject: Re: [Leica] Comparison of Leica SLR and Contax SLR Systmes
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 11:54:38 -0800

"A. H. Ongun" wrote:

> I think you are comparing apples and oranges when you compare the Hassy vs
> Leica R.
>
> Hassy's are in a different market and have a niche among wedding/portrait
> photogs.  Additionally they have a broad line of cameras that provide
> various different entry pricing.  Furthermore they have excellent marketing
> as well.
>
> Leica Rs are competing against all of the other 35mm SLRs and do not have a
> well defined target market.
>
> Andy

God!! You are calling a Hasselblad a wedding camera!!! Victor is rolling again!
I think half the commercial photography in the world is being done with them.
Fine art too. Ansel Adams....

mark :) rabiner

updated temporary Website by "Foxy": http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
(consisting of late night E-mail descriptions of photos)

Replies: Reply from "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com> (Re: [Leica] Comparison of Leica SLR and Contax SLR Systmes)