Subject: Re: [Leica] 90mm recommendations
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <Joseph@yao.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:23:48 +0800

on 6/1/01 4:06 AM, Jem Kime at jem.kime@cwcom.net wrote:

> Canon made a couple of good longish lenses,
> the last 100mm f3.5 and the 100mm f2, were both only available in black.
> They also made 85mm lenses but none of those measured up to reputations of
> these two.

Jem,

Then I guess you have never tried the relatively rare Canon 85/1.8 LTM!  I
understand approx. 1,300 pieces were made.  Mr. Stephen Gandy of Cameraquest
commented:

"85/1.8 Canon: Black, undoubtedly the best of the Canon 85's, and one of the
best 85 LTMs ever (if not the best)"

I own and use one and I certainly agree with him.  On the downside, it is
relatively large and heavy (like the Summarex 85/1.5), and changing the
aperture could shift the focus at the same time!

Regards,

Joseph