Subject: Re: [Leica] American Photo
From: "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 16:55:57 -0500

Camera magazine was then and remains an inspiration to me, I subscribed, and
saved, all the issues from 1967 when I first encountered it at the Out Of
town newsstand in Harvard Square, until it stopped publishing. It remains a
history of photographic images, I refer frequently to the issues at random
for ideas. You may be interested to know that the editor, Allan Porter, has
a website now in which he recounts some of his photo journeys, some history
of the magazine, and a generous mix of other ideas:
http://www.artmedia.ch/porter/

Back in the sixties it seemed there were a number of small photo magazines,
available at least in the Boston area, that were worthy to one degree or
another: Views newspaper, Contemporary Photographer, Aperture, Boston Review
of Photography to name a few. And including Camera Arts as discussed above.
Not to mention Pop Photo and Modern Photography, with acres of
classified-size ad pages...

bill

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] American Photo)