Subject: RE: [Leica] Crisp looking images
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 14:47:49 -0000

I've no idea if the 40mm f2.8 Focotar is a wider formulation of the (44mm?)
f4.5. Although I'd heard a rumour that Schneider make the Leitz Focotar
enlarging lens, I hadn't heard this confirmed. Note that Schneider's
current Apo lens is a 45mm F4 rather than a 40 or 44mm.

Mid range values and print brightness just as clean and seperated as the
Focotar at its better apertures, one to two stops down. Perhaps this was an
unfair comparison in that at F4.5 maybe the Focotar would be just as good,
I shall have to compare those settings sometime.

Jem