Subject: Re: [Leica] Complementary focal lengths
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 23:34:00 -0800

Robert Appleby wrote:

> lenses, including zooms made us forget that we actually have legs so that
> we can move around.<<<<<<

Hi Rob,

Not extreme in this case, as I want the city to have a distinctly different look
that will make people see their city with new eyes.......  15 mm and 400 mm.
And in many cases, as the title of the book implies. "Victoria, as I see it."
the two lenses put a completely different dimension to everyday locations and
beauty of the city as I see it.

What I like is when someone looks at the images and they say, "Are you sure this
is Victoria? You haven't made a mistake have you?"  I smile, then tell them what
and where it is and the reaction is so wonderful. "Oh my God, you've made it so
beautiful, I've gone by there every morning on my way to work and never seen it
like this! Amazing."

And sure, if I were working differently and using several lenses, and not
looking for the "extreme look," I'd walk closer or farther away to accommodate
composition.

In this case I'm limiting myself to these two focal lengths only because I
wanted to show the city as I see it and not going around using the same tripod
holes as others have done in the past.

And I truly believe I'm on the right track due to the positive and surprised
reactions I'm receiving.

ted