Subject: Re: [Leica] Anybody use the 75 summilux on a .72x M6?
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 22:51:40 EST

Chris. I did it myself - took a lot of time and involved groundglass,
tripods, lots of film and strangely shaped screwdrivers (to get at the screws
in the M3's focussing system). I would recommend that you find a good Leica
technician and have him do it. Decide which body is the dedicated 75/1,4 and
have it matched to the lens. I have seen these lenses work perfectly at all
distances and I have seen them be off by a foot at close range. It does sound
like a bit of a hassle, but once you get it rite, it is one of the truly
awesome lenses ever made! I would love to find out if it is possible to make
a mask for the 75/1,4 that would work on a M3 - even if I had to sacrifice
the 90 or even the etched 50 mm frame — it would be a great combination. One
day I will take a M3 viewfinder apart and see what can be done!
Tom A

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net> ([Leica] Focus check (was Anybody use the 75 summilux on a .72x M6?)