Subject: RE: [Leica] an appeal to photographer (was re: tina's print pricing)
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 18:20:25 -0600

Ya know,

Jim Hughes did not say in his Camera Arts article that we should only be
selling ink jet prints for $10 to be used to wrap cat litter.

What he was talking about was a possibility of another way of selling
photos. A different model for business. Here might be some suggestions
for good use of "cheap photos".

And by the way - there are millions and zillions of "cheap photos" in the
world. Lots (most) of that crap we see in popular magazines was cheap for
the magazine to buy (from free to under $200) then they printed 189,873
copies.

Anyway, here are a couple of ideas that could happen.

1. Digital picture frames. They're here. They're snapshot small now but
if they catch on they might be great looking 16X20 flat panels displays
you can hang on the wall. They could rotate images as you like. You might
have 20 or more images in one frame.What a great way for showing family
pictures! (or any pictures)

2. Along with the great 16X20 silver print matted and framed - an album
of small inkjet prints (or silver) that compliment the real one.

And, everybody is not in the fine art print business. You have to make a
living. If you're a photographer, that might mean $50 8X10s. Whatever you
do just don't sell yourself short. That's bad for everyone.

Henry