Subject: RE: [Leica] Tina's print pricing
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 14:01:20 -0600

OK Frank,
Is this what you mean?
**********
and
Jim Shulman,
What is the point of bake sale prices for anyone? Whats the different end
to meet? A little ego stroke? A justification for tax write off?
A rationalization maybe.
I think giving it away is better.

A rule that I established years ago, that I sometimes still break
(much to my dismay) is:

Full Price or Free.

I find that when I do something in between I feel imposed upon or that I
cheated myself. About the time you give someone a discount then they want
one for their sister for the same price. Don't do it.

Getting full price for your work is a good thing to do as much for your
emotional well being as for your wallet. Giving things away for free can
be great too! I give away pictures, help, advice. Feels good to give. As
far as that goes - others often give to me - thats cool too!

Making something just so you can sell it cheap is self abuse. I would
suggest that no one do that unless thats the only way to eat. Even then
you better fix it quick - get another job! It also abuses the market and
might lower the value of others work.

Henry
a "working photo professional"