Subject: Re: [Leica] two sample images of great bokeh
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:26:42 -0800

Dan,

Excellent tutorial and examples. Thanks.

Of course the out of focus area (bokeh) is important.
Bokeh is a way to describe part of the photographic image.
Once we can explain why we like or dislike a certain lens or image, we can
do something about it.

That's what Leica photography is all about. We pick a lens based on its
performance and then learn it's strengths and weaknesses. We enjoy being
part of the process. We improve by teaching themselves how to overcome
limitations of composition, light, and equipment.

It's not the equipment, but our use and understanding of it that makes good
images. Bokeh helps me analyze what I was trying to do and whether it worked
or (all to often) why it failed.

That's what makes photography fun.

Mike Quinn