Subject: Re: [Leica] CLA for Summarit
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 12:00:02 -0500

> I recently acquired a LTM 50mm Summarit and it needs a good CLA.
>
> Surprisingly there are not cleaning marks on the glass, but it has a 3rd
> party M adapter which is so tight I cannot remove it (at least I am
> reluctant to exert a LOT of force)
>
> Is this a job best for Sherry or John van Stelten? or does it really
> matter?
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis

An easy way to separate the adaptor from the lens is with the lens still on
the camera (M) body, turn the lens counter clockwise as if you were normally
taking the lens off the body. Except do NOT unlock the lens release. The
lens & adaptor will easily separate. Then release the lens lock and with
your finger tips take the adaptor off the body. If you have a stiff lens
mount a slight tapping with something solid will free it up.

Steve
Annapolis