Subject: RE: [Leica] Converting a 35mm Summaron w/ eyes ?
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:04:09 -0800

If you have the eyes off, will the lens allow focusing?  ( Will the barrel
turn?) This is the problem I had.. the lens was fitted with a "stop" to
prevent a user from focusing the lens on a camera without the eyes.....at
least that is what I remember.....try it, you can't break anything!

TO fix this looked pretty easy to me... a nice Dremel tool and a abrading
stone.... I just did not have the guts to do it....

However, it is proabably easier to use the combo of camera + eyes,
especially with the M6, to have the larger framelines of the 50mm lens
available for viewing.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net