Subject: Re: [Leica] Converting a 35mm Summaron w/ eyes ?
From: "William" <ohlen@sierratel.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 21:27:40 -0800

William Gower writes:
> I know this probably has come up before, but can a 35mm Summaron for the
M3
> be "de-eyed" and converted to be mounted and bring up the 35mm frame on a
> M2, M4, etc ?
>
> Is it a simple procedure for a good Leica repair shop ? I've been offered
> one relatively cheaply, so if the cost of the conversion would be less
than
> 200 dollars, it still would be a bargin.

You are right, it has been brought up before.  I would suggest you just
leave the eyes on and use in on you M.  It brings up the 50 mm frameline
which is modified by the "eyes."  I use a Summaron on an M3 and an M6HM and
it works equally well on both.  They optics on the eyes are easy to clean if
they are dirty.  Just one caution, put them back in exactly as they came out
else you might lose the calibration.

Replies: Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Converting a 35mm Summaron w/ eyes ?)