Subject: Re: [Leica] Bidding on eBay (was: something else totally unrelated)
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 22:08:22 +0100

On 23 Dec 00, at 11:36, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Ownership!
> What are we going to when our concept of ownership flies out the
> window? Everything is in effect rented.

The fluidity doesn't bother me. Dilettents will be dilettents at an
accelerated rate, those who want tools for their purposes will find
them more easily. I like knowing my hammers intimately, what a
bad hit with the framing hammer feels like, the sweet spot of the
tack hammer. If one doesn't suit, I like being able to pick up
another easily. When I find one I like, I'll keep it; if I have one I
don't, I won't feel stuck with it. I may not find a market locally for
my dust-gathering F70, but I could surely find someone that
wanted it on Ebay, if I found the time to post it!