Subject: [Leica] Nathan's cat - Off to Denmark
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 10:05:46 +0200

snips

>travelling with the cat is like
>travelling with a baby. He needed to come out, have
>new kitty litter and fresh food,

Hi Nathan,

I beg to differ. I take my cat Willy on a ten to twelve hours 750
miles (1200km) trip about six to ten times a year. I have done this
for many, many years. During the first years he travelled in a
purpose built  de luxe box consisting of a combined sitting/bedroom
and a separate toilet. He never used the toilet and as we needed the
space for other items we just put him in a cat cage. Rather small, I
have to admit. I thought he would hate to get into it, but that is
not so. As soon as I get the cage out together with the other stuff
for the trip, Willy tries to get into it. I used to put in food and
water for the trip, but he never touched it, so now it is just an old
sweater for him to cuddle up in. I give him one third Vetranquil
tablet an hour before departure and this seems to be just right as he
_always_ wakes up when I turn the last corner before arriving at our
house.

BTW there is a new cat anthology just out  for those of you who read
German 'Die kratz nicht'  ISBN 3-499-22914-5.        Willy is on page
132ff.   Oh yes, I am related to the author.

Merry Xmas to all, cat lovers and every body else

Chris
- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or