Subject: Re: [Leica] Beware laser surgery, was 35mm frame lines & the .85 M6
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:23:12 -0500

Henning J. Wulff jotted down the following:

> At 1:16 PM -0330 12/21/00, Greg Locke wrote: On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, you wrote:
> Ken,
>
>>> Thanks for your comment - this is indeed most reassuring.  I will look at
>>> the issue again in the New Year.  Having had glasses since I was ten, it
>>> will be strange to see myself without!  Perhaps my 35/1.4 ASPH. (on topic!)
>>> will get a chance to marry my M6 0.85 after all!
>>>

>> ...now if we can find one of these laser eye surgeons who is a Leica user
>> maybe we can just get the frame lines etched right into our eyes ... :^)
>>
> I'm pretty sure my eyes aren't Leica. They've been autofocus for as long as I
> can remember.

Yeah, mine too.  I remember in the late 80's when as an undergraduate, I had
serious problems with my eyes hunting for focus.  Usually at social
gatherings with other undergraduates.  Typically a few hours into the
evening.  Not to mention the following morning.  They'd be more "fix-focus"
then.

> When I go diving, I put in one contact, so that one eye can see closeup, and
> I can work the camera controls, and the other eye can see distance.

Hmm, there's something about this that just strikes me as a *very* bad idea.
I'm sure I'll figure out exactly what it is in a minute or two.  Ah yes!!
If you're holding the wheel in one hand and a camera in the other, how do
you drink the latte?? ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                | It never ceases to amaze me how people con-
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU  | sistently pay more attention to *how* you
email: howard.390@osu.edu    | say something, than *what* you say.  (Anon)