Subject: Re: [Leica] Domke 803 Question
From: Gilbert Plantinga <gilplant@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 00:57:06 -0500

on 12/19/00 12:22 AM, Rick Floyd at rick-floyd@mediaone.net wrote:

> I know the Domke 803 bag comes with a single padded insert.  I want to know
> if there is enough room to add the 3 compartment insert.  I need four
> separate compartments so I can change lenses quickly and just slide them
> into each of their own area.  Let me know what you think...

There is a 3 compartment insert that _replaces_ the single one. They don't
make any kind of 4 compartment option that will fit. I use the 3 compartment
job, and in it I fit 1 or 2 M6 bodies, and 24/2.8 (or the 28), 35/1.4,
50/1.4 and 90/2AA lenses (one body with lens is usually hanging around my
neck); the 24mm viewfinder, film, large ballhead, twinkie light, and
altogether too many personal effects (palm pilot, glasses, cell phone...)
fit in the outside pockets, and sometimes the universal polarizer (in its
case) gets jammed into the bottom of one of the three main compartments. The
table top tripod, digital luna-pro, a cable release, a steno book, and spare
batteries get jammed in the space around the insert. It does get heavy, but
I'm amazed at how much I can jam in there!

N.B. My most successful outings are when I bring just one body and no more
than three lenses and a lot more film ;)

J. Gilbert Plantinga
New Paltz, NY