Subject: Re: [Leica] bag question
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:44:56 -0500

> I know everyone goes through the bag selection struggle cycle at least once
> a year!! any way I will be traveling and would like to take the following
> items with me
>

> 2 leica m6 bodies
> 1 28-35-50
> 1 75 1.4
> 1 ttl flash
> 1 voitlander 15mm
> 1 leica 21
>
> I am contemplating about a 35 and/or 50 1.4. I want to travel light. I am
> looking for a bag with easy access, slim. Any suggestion would be
> appreciated as I know many of us have gone through this painfull process!!
>
> thanks mehrdad

Sounds like you want a satchel type bag. I recommend the Classic M satchel
bag. With it I can carry three M's with lenses and hoods mounted, plus a
90mm, cell phone, light meter, note book and one pouch holds about 15 rolls
of film. It is made out of canvas and wraps itself around your body, tan
color, has no padding (some people may not like that but it has never been a
problem for me). Like I said it can carry three bodies, but normally I only
carry two M's which makes room for a couple more lenses if needed. These are
made by Seth Levine in Boston and can find their website url if you wish.
With this bag it is very easy to put a camera in and out.

No doubt some people will suggest the Domke 803 satchel bag. I have tried
that and don't use mine anymore mainly because it is so badly balanced that
it won't stand up by itself, in fact a couple of times while putting it down
it has fallen over and a lens has rolled out onto the floor. Also I find the
fabric they use is to slippery and the auxilliary pockets are way to small
to the point of almost being useless. Also it will only hold two M's with
lenses and hood mounted plus a 90mm. This bag is fine if you are only
carrying one M.

Each bag is about the same dimensions, but, the Classic M is better
designed.

Steve
Annapolis

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] bag question)