Subject: RE: [Leica] One Lens System
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 15:28:31 -0500

I concur with Andrew, and he will tell you that we can deliberate
_endlessly_ on this topic. :)

The 50/2 was my first choice for just one lens: great value in the Leica
line, and a versatile focal length (for my needs, anyway).

If I had it to do over again, though, I'd start with the 35/2 asph.  That
and the 75/1.4 would likely make a great two lens line-up.

For a 3 lens combination, it's hard to argue with Andre's choices: 28/2
asph, 50/1.4, and 90--though I'd chose the elmarit over the apo 'cron here
for the weight savings, and you'd have a side benefit of having all three
lenses share a common filter size (46).

Myself, I'm planning on 4 M's in my kit: 28/2 asph, 35/2 asph, 50/2, and
75/1.4.  Although I may well replace the 50/2 with either a new 50/1.4
(if/when it comes out), or the 90/2.8.

Dan