Subject: [Leica] The Texas M
From: Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 10:09:50 -0500

Yesterday I picked up a Fuji G690BL with 100 and 180mm lenses.  This
thing is a dead ringer for a big black DS M2 - with the only difference
being that my real M3 could fit in the film chamber.  Or, alternately,
the 690 is to the M3 as the M3 is to the Minox miniature....  Gee, I
wonder how Fuji came up with that design.  Interestingly, the built-in
darkslide on the Fuji (which uses leaf lenses) looks *exactly* like an M
shutter curtain.  Interesting!