Subject: Re: [Leica] Special Leica lenses (and a Deadman's chest)
From: Aaron Ruby <aruby@rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:38:38 -0500

I know this probably will get me crucified, with all the admiration I've
seen for the ASPH version, but I just LOVE my ol' skool 35/1.4--mount it on
my M2 with Voigtlander meter stacked on top and I'm not just a hack with a
Leica, I'm a hack with a Leica with a fast, compact lens that gives the
dreamiest softness wide open. A softness that still manages to convey a
great sense of detail and yields shimmery smooth tones. It's not for
everything, but I was damn glad I had it for the Modest Mouse show at the
Garage in London a few weeks ago.

Aaron

P.S. Mr. Deadman:

        Something I've been wondering about ever since I saw your moniker.
        Is that Deadman in the Jim Jarmusch sense or is it a play on that
        great band of yore, the Dead Boys? Or neither? Just curious.