Subject: Re: FW: [Leica] Suggested Leica Reading List- EQUIPMENT
From: Marshall Hunt <huntmc2@fuse.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:39:14 -0500

"The worst enemy of the good picture is the unimportant
feature. ...You will immediately find that wherever you can
leave something off, the picture will always be improved,
never suffer...Question:How much can I leave out of the
picture...The step from the 50mm to the 90mm field of view
leads us to the essential, to a concentration on the motif.
The characteristic 90mm field of view to which the use of
this lens educates us will often make us change our camera
position, by examining the field of view through the
viewfinder... until the picture is perfect....This is why it
demands increased discretion from its user.  This is why I
have called it a teacher." He also mentions decreased depth
of field, small size, ease in isolating the subject from its
surroundings, ideal for portraits.........and then mentions
it can be used on the Visoflex II at infinity.