Subject: Re: [Leica] What is fine art photography?
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:01:43 -0500

Nick Poole jotted down the following:

> Art is not appreciated only on an intellectual level. Is nourishment
> confined only to the body? What do you get from listening to a good
> concert? Just a stimulus in the head? And does a feeling of elation
> or revulsion not cause your pulse to race?

Absolutely.  But the audio signals are interpreted by my brain first,
whether it's as airwaves actuating my eardrums, or vibrations picked up by
my tactile system through other parts of the body.  Without a head, I
wouldn't be able to appreciate the music.  Emotions are impossible without a
head, except maybe some extremely primitive, hard-wired survival instinct
type "emotions".

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | "My movies were the kind they show in
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | prisons and airplanes, because nobody
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | can leave."  -- Burt Reynolds