Subject: Re: [Leica] Ringflash on R8
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:36:42 +0100

Dennis Painter wrote:

> In an older Brian Bower book is a photo of the Minolta PX-80 ringflash
> adapted to an R6.
>
> Anyone know specifics of how this can be done and will it work on an R8
> to give full TTL flash control?

The Minolta PX-80 works only with the R5-R7 family.

A funny and a little bit complicated solution that I think
of, is to control the Nikon TTL Macro Speedlight SB-29 (ring
flash)
<http://www.klt.co.jp/Nikon/Press_Release/1999/sb-29.html>
connected to the Wireless Slave TTL Flash Controller SU-4
<http://www.klt.co.jp/Nikon/35mm/F60/Lenses/accessories.html>
via a Metz flash in the R8 accessory shoe.

When connected to the SB-29, the SU-4 enables wireless
remote TTL flash control, using the Metz Speedlight as a
master unit.

It should anyway.

Good luck.

;-)