Subject: [Leica] Cambridge Camera Rip-Off - Support Your Local Leica Dealer!
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:02:09 -0500

Let me take this opportunity to reiterate my oft stated advice.  If you are
fortunate enough to live near a Leica dealer, there is no substitute for
buying from the real person across the counter from you.  I gladly pay the
extra 5% sales tax for the right to see and feel equipment...even new
gear...before I pay for it and to have any questions answered by a
knowledgeable expert.  Also, the only time I have ever had a problem with a
piece of Leica gear, my dealer had a replacement for me the next day and
gave it over to me with a smile and a handshake.

I buy from a small one-man shop in Arlington, Massachusetts (e-mail me
off-list for details), and I get the exact same prices as those quoted by
the BIG STORES, sometimes even a better deal if my guy has had something
good laying around for a while.  He also has an excellent stock of used
Leica gear and exotica which, sadly, was depleted by the voracious LHSA
shoppers in Boston last October, and he enjoys having people hang out at his
museum.

	Buzz Hausner